July 25, 2011
Australian physicist Professor Brian J O’Brien has worked on the Apollo moon missions. In this interview with the ABC, just 8:15 from the end, he suddenly cuts loose on man-made global warming, and commits a series of heresies that pin back the ears of the interviewer.
- It’s been wildly exaggerated. When he first started researching the topic, “I got rather frightened at the exaggerations that were going around.”
- It’s “certainly not proven” than man is largely to blame for any warming.
- “The sad part was that there were no senior scientists that were independent” in the field.
- He discovered that “the funding for climate change research was only going to what you call true believers and when that happens inevitably you get a bias”.
- An Australian professor of physics told him he “completely” supported his concern but had to keep his team of 65 researchers going with work, and “the only funding I can get for them and to get their PhDs is greenhouse funding from Canberra or whereever”.
- “For 20 years people have been indoctrinated with the abuse of language” so that “climate change” is meant to suggest that all change is man-made. Of course, there’s climate change. That’s not the question
- He’s worried we’re going ahead of the world in cutting emissions.
This article was posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 at 3:23 am