UK Daily Mail
April 25, 2011
Nato forces destroyed buildings inside Colonel Gaddafi’s Bab al-Aziziyah compound early on Monday, in what a press official from Gaddafi’s government said was an attempt on the Libyan leader’s life.
Firefighters were still working to extinguish flames in a part of the ruined building a few hours after the attack, when foreign journalists were brought to the scene in Tripoli.
The press official, who asked not to be identified, said 45 people were hurt in the strike, 15 of them seriously, and some were still missing.
The injured figure could not be independently confirmed, with other sources saying that four people had been injured and another saying three people had died.
Gaddafi’s compound has been struck before, but Nato forces appear to be stepping up the pace of strikes in Tripoli in recent days.
This article was posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 at 2:38 am