- Prison Planet.com - http://www.prisonplanet.com -
American individuals, states show defiance against Obama’s contrived selective shutdown of government parks
Posted By admin On October 9, 2013 @ 4:57 am In Commentary | Comments Disabled
J. D. Heyes
Natural News 
October 8, 2013
As President Obama and his Bureaucratic State grow ever more frustrated with their political opponents, they are taking more of their frustrations out on American citizens with punitive, hateful tactics aimed at making life miserable for as many people as possible.
Arbitrary and capricious closures of open-air monuments – including trying to keep World War II vets from visiting their monument, possibly for the first and last time in their lives – as well as attempts to close off the National Mall, federal parks and entire sections of oceans to hurt local businesses, are all part of the Obama regime’s government shutdown modus operandi.
Taking America back?
In response, however, citizens and state governments are fighting back with acts of defiance – acts that spread daily, with the further encroachment of Obama-mandated actions. And such acts are having an altering effect.
Notes Dave Hodges, host of The Common Sense Show:
The winds of change are blowing across America. The following events, detailed below, mark a dramatic shift in the relationship between the federal government and the people not of the federal government. We are at a definitive crossroads in history and I can scarcely believe what I am witnessing.
Hodges lists examples:
– In Arizona, some 7,000 families are currently hurting after the Obama administration ordered the Grand Canyon closed. “Governor [Jan] Brewer is actually considering the use of the State’s National Guard to man the Grand Canyon in defiance of the federal  order which shut down the park. Arizona is awaiting Brewer’s next move as she contemplates how to stand up the tyranny emanating from Washington.” An earlier attempt at reasoning with the administration produced no favorable results, reports Fox News [http://www.foxnews.com ]. Brewer offered to use state funds to keep the park open, but federal bureaucrats – acting on the administration’s instructions, no doubt – have rejected them out of hand. So in other words, to hell with those hurting families, Obama  has spoken and that’s the end of it.
Or not. According to the Fox piece, Brewer isn’t considering using the Guard to keep the park open, but former Republican Gov. Fyfe Symington took Guard troops to the Canyon and got it opened when it was closed during the 1995 government shutdown .
– In Wisconsin, GOP Gov. Scott Walker has defied “orders from Washington, D.C., to close down several state parks that receive federal funding,” Hodges noted and The Hill newspaper reported. “Despite receiving a closure directive from the National Park Service, Wisconsin’s Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has decided instead that parks partly funded by the federal government  would stay open to the public,” the paper said.
“We respect the magnitude of the process the federal government has had to undertake to close its properties and certain activities on properties they own and manage,” Wisconsin’s Natural Resources Secretary Cathy Stepp told department employees in an email. “However, after close review and legal consult, DNR has clarified areas where the federal procedures are over-reaching by ordering the closure of properties where the state has management authority through existing agreements.”
– Not shutdown related, but in Maine, Governor Paul LaPage recently shunned federal Common Core education standards in an Executive Order, stating that “the Department of Education shall not adopt any educational standards, curricula or instructional approaches that may be mandated by the federal government. That the Department of Education shall not apply for any federal grant that requires, as a condition of application, the adoption of any federally-developed standards, curricula or instructional approaches.”
Hodges notes: “Clearly, Governor LaPage is telling the federal government that Maine’s children are not the property of the misguided Obamacrats. This stunning development makes me want to move to Maine.”
– Ordinary citizens are also getting into the act. Numerous photos have been posted online in chat forums and on Twitter showing ticked-off Americans removing federal barriers like orange cones and makeshift barriers to enjoy some of the parks, features, attractions and monuments that We the People bought and paid for a long time ago with our tax dollars.
“We have governors of states , brave veterans, and average people defying the federal government. What does this all of this mean? It means that the worm has turned and America is finally beginning to stand up and say no to the tyrants who comprise the minions which serve the central bankers who have hijacked our government,” says Hodge.
Maybe he’s right. Time will tell.
Article printed from Prison Planet.com: http://www.prisonplanet.com
URL to article: http://www.prisonplanet.com/american-individuals-states-show-defiance-against-obamas-contrived-selective-shutdown-of-government-parks.html
URLs in this post:
 Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/042393_Akron_Childrens_Hospital_Amish_girl_chemotherapy_court_case.html
 federal: http://www.naturalnews.com/federal.html
 http://www.foxnews.com: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/04/ariz-gov-rejected-in-offer-to-reopen-grand-canyon/
 Obama: http://www.naturalnews.com/Obama.html
 government shutdown: http://www.naturalnews.com/government_shutdown.html
 government: http://www.naturalnews.com/government.html
 states: http://www.naturalnews.com/states.html
 http://thecommonsenseshow.com: http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/10/06/america-is-rapidly-approaching-its-date-with-destiny/
 http://thehill.com: http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/326611-federally-funded-wisconsin-state-parks-remain-open-under-shutdown
 Founding Fathers’ Tavern Closed by Government Shutdown: http://www.prisonplanet.com/founding-fathers-tavern-closed-by-government-shutdown.html
 Shutdown overreach: More guards at WWII memorial than Benghazi; Park Service closes park it doesn’t run: http://www.prisonplanet.com/shutdown-overreach-more-guards-at-wwii-memorial-than-benghazi-park-service-closes-park-it-doesnt-run.html
 Cash-strapped states weigh selling roads, parks: http://www.prisonplanet.com/cash-strapped-states-weigh-selling-roads-parks.html
 Long lines at theme parks are for jobs: http://www.prisonplanet.com/long-lines-at-theme-parks-are-for-jobs.html
 Big Brother facial recognition cameras being rolled out in NCP car parks: http://www.prisonplanet.com/big-brother-facial-recognition-cameras-being-rolled-out-in-ncp-car-parks.html
Copyright © 2013 PrisonPlanet.com. All rights reserved.