|when a person can hold two contradictory viewpoints in his mind without realizing thecontradiction. Doublethink is not that uncommon in our world.
The most common example is the word "Black Helicopter". No person in today's modern world would deny that there are helicopters. Well Duh! And what colors are military helicopters of numerous nations? Green and Black. Green for camouflaging them in the operations conducted in forests and black for camouflaging them in the nighttime operations. Would any sane person deny that there are helicopters and they are colored black? No. But then somebody uses the word "Black Helicopter" and the sheeple minded public engages in ridicule. This is a perfect example of doublethink. The people know that there are helicopters colored black but at the same time they laugh when the word combination is changed to Black Helicopters.
Use of confusing and deceptive language helps the tyrants as their tyranny is built upon a whole foundation of lies and mistruths. The concise and accurate language helps the freedom lovers as accurate language conveys truth and truth is the precursor to freedom. I am no expert in language and semantics, but language is built upon the words and I would like to point out some of the commonly used (or misused) words to confuse and enslave the people. If we could replace these confusing and deceptive words with precise and accurate words in public dialogue we could gain a major benefit.
1. Conservative: A conservative is somebody who favors traditional views and values. This is a word that tends towards confusion and is the reason why the politicians are fond to use it. In a communist country, a conservative would be a communist. In Monarchy, a conservative would be a monarchist. In a Constitutional Republic like America a true conservative would be a Constitutionalist. However, the word by itself does not represent a political philosophy. Deceptive politicians love causing confusion amongst the public, because a well-informed public is anathema to tyrants.
Better word: Constitutionalist.
2. Liberal: A liberal originally was a lover of liberty, not the socialists today who call themselves liberals. This is another arena where politicians have caused confusion. Socialists infiltrated liberalism and started calling themselves liberals. This way they replaced the classical liberal tradition of freedom with socialist tradition of tyrannical control. The American public would never have accepted any socialist ideas if they were called by their true names. But they have accepted many socialist ideas in the name of liberalism. To wake up the people we need to take back this word.
Better Word: Socialist.
Not to digress from the point but the confusion of these two words has done considerable damage to freedom. Let me give you an example from sports. In some sports entertainment, good guys are known as 'face' and bad guys as 'heel'. But only those with active interests in such sports know the meaning of these technical words. If those of us with interest in politics were made to choose between 'Face' and 'Heel' we would be confused and make a random selection. HOWEVER, if we were told in simple terms 'Good' and ‘Bad’, we would choose 'Good.'
How does this relate to politics? The ordinary person on the street has no interest in politics. He does not know the history related to words 'liberal' or 'conservative'. He makes a random choice. But if on the other hand he was given a choice between a Constitutionalist and a Socialist, the results would overwhelmingly come in favor of the Constitutionalist.
That is why it is important to replace words conveying confusion or misinformation with precise words. Let me continue with some more examples.
3. Collateral Damage: This phrase means death of innocent civilians during the war. A large part of the public is not only ignorant but they are also afraid to face reality. This is why this phrase was invented. It makes some people "feel" good because they don't have to face the reality that somewhere some innocent people are dying. These people are not bad, and they know it is a bad thing. But they are cowards to voice their opposition so they need sugarcoating to avoid facing reality. Reality needs to be accepted first and foremost.
Better Phrase: Death of Innocent Civilians.
Sometimes tragedies do happen which nobody can avert, but a lot of the wars were started by the international banking interests. Read Anthony Sutton's two good books: Wall Street and the rise of Hitler and Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution.
4. "Assault" Weapons: A commonly used word by gun grabbers. Any tool like a baseball bat or wrench could be used for assault but gun grabbers have attached this word to firearms to degrade them further.
Better Word: Semi-Automatic Firearm
5. Gun Control: What would a real gun control mean? It would mean that a person can control his firearm well. Notice how the media says 'the debate on gun control'. Why not say Gun Confiscation? Why not victim disarmament? Because using precise words would convey the true nature of gun grabbing and force anti-gun groups to use facts and logic to debate the issue. Facts and logic is exactly what they don't have.
Better Phrase: Gun Confiscation or Victim Disarmament.
6. Conspiracy: This is a very accurate word but the media has totally distorted it. Just like the case with 'Black Helicopter' - the media has created Doublethink in public's mind. Ask any ordinary person down the road "Are there people who get together and plan illegal activities in secret?" Almost unanimously people would agree. But that is THE DEFINITION of Conspiracy. This is another example of Doublethink. Many gun owners are charged with 'Conspiracy to commit this' or 'Conspiracy to commit that' and various fraudulent charges. Nobody even questions these convictions. But then the ignorant part of the public laughs at mere mention that people in power would be conspiring illegally to create a tyranny. The elites have the means, more than anybody else and the motives, yet the public mind twisted with Orwellian doublethink refuses to even consider the possibility. How can one believe that some people conspire and then laugh at the same time somebody else mentions conspiracy? Why of course the Doublethink. This needs to be pointed out to everybody who laughs and throws around ad hominem attacks like "you are a kooky conspiracy theorist."
7. Public Schools: These are nothing but brainwashing camps and need to be mentioned as such every time one gets a chance. The best way to embarrass Indoctrination ("education") Establishment is to walk in a PTA meeting and say out loud "This school is nothing but a brainwashing camp". Also walk into your child's class and in front of all the children tell the teacher "Enough brainwashing, I am taking my kid out." This will sow the seeds of doubts in other children and parent's minds.
Better Word: Children Brainwashing Camps.
8. Civil Liberties: Civil Liberties are the liberties that authorities allow the people in a country governed by civil government (as opposed to military dictatorship). The problem is because natural rights have been renamed civil liberties. Where do the Individual Rights come from? "...and are endowed by their creator by certain unalienable rights..." Declaration of Independence states. Rights belong to the individual and they are unalienable. When Individual Rights are renamed as civil liberties it becomes easier for politicians to legislate them away. Another variation of this Orwellian use of language is the question "Should we give up our rights?" The question is asked after every problem created by those who want to take away the rights. By Definition RIGHTS are INDIVIDUAL Rights. That means only an individual can decide what he can or cannot do with his rights. That question makes it seem like this collective "we" can give up rights that belong exclusively to individual.
Better Phrase: Natural Individual Rights or Unalienable Rights or God-Given Rights (for religious folks).
9. Extremist/Fringe: This word is used to smear the freedom movement as "Right Wing Extremists". The same word is used to describe Neo-Nazis. The idiotic public then thinks that the two are the same. I have never read anybody described as Left Wing Extremist in any mainstream newspaper. But the phrase Right Wing Extremist appears all the time. But what is an Extremist? A person who holds views that are radically different than the views of others. In the scientific world, various scientists hold opinions radically different from each other. The fact is, it is respected as difference of opinion and views. But when it comes to politics, the media and politicians absolutely don't respect the difference of opinion. They smear all new or old ideas away from "Norm" as Extremist. Media has portrayed this as a negative word, even though it doesn't have to be. It is not extremism but difference of opinion and radical difference of opinion is THE NORM of any free society.
Better Phrase: Difference of Opinion or Values.
10. Free-Market: This word is not a confusing word but the media has confused corporatism with free-market. Free Market just means freedom of trade and production for all people and no government intervention in economy. If a corporation is given special favors it is not free-market, it is just a different variety of socialism. Materialism is not related to Capitalism. In Capitalism and free-market people are left to themselves in the economy. To remove the negative image of Capitalism from the public's mind it is important to get out that there is no free-market. All the markets in the world right now are controlled and these CONTROLS are the reason for poverty.
Another short point is that in the book 1984, the minions of Big Brother were always trying to remove more and more words from the vocabulary. In our world, this is called political correctness. Let's not bow down to political correctness. The things that need to be said; NEED TO BE SAID, no matter whose beliefs are offended.
Using precise and accurate words and thus a language that conveys the real meaning will help out the freedom movement and show cracks in the lies and deceptions of the globalist elite.
Liberty Rogue welcomes your comments at email@example.com.
Permission to reprint this article is granted providing the original author is cited and a link to PRISON PLANET.com is included. The views expressed in this article may not necessarily be those of Alex Jones or Paul Joseph Watson.
PRISON PLANET.com INFOWARS.com
|Deception By Language: Creating Stereotypes And Destroying Meaning
By Liberty Rogue
A lot has been said on the subject of how the oppressive rulers fool their populations using deceptive language. George Orwell also extensively used examples of such in his book 1984. I will not repeat what has already been said, but try to focus on one small point that has been overlooked. In 1984 there is a concept called Doublethink