Ron Paul indeed Out-Foxed (for now)

Jason George
Baltimore Sun
Monday, December 31, 2007

Fergus Cullen, chairman of the New Hampshire State Republican Committee, confirmed Sunday evening to the Tribune that, yes, there will be a televised Fox News presidential candidate forum on Jan. 6, and yes, Rep. Ron Paul was not invited when the other candidates were a week or so ago.

"My understanding is that five candidates to that point had been offered spots but the event is still coming together," Cullen said.

The candidates invited to the forum/debate – whatever you want to call it – will be Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Gov. Mike Huckabee, Sen. John McCain, Gov. Mitt Romney and Sen. Fred Thompson.

Cullen said the event, which is set to take place two days before the New Hampshire primary, will be held in the afternoon or evening at St. Anselm College in Goffstown, N.H. When asked if Fox News, which is co-sponsoring the debate with the NH party, planned to invite Paul later, Cullen said he didn't know.

"It's really premature. Just the other day candidates started to accept invitations."

On Saturday, Paul called Fox News "scared of me." They "don't want my message to get out, but it will," according to The Boston Globe's Primary Source blog.

"They are propagandists for this war and I challenge them on the notion that they are conservative."

On Sunday night, Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said the campaign remains angry, and in the dark.

"We have not heard anything else today," he said. "[Fox] continues to ignore our calls."

Email This Page to:

 


PRISON PLANET.com     Copyright 2002-2007 Alex Jones     All rights reserved.