And Then There Was One, The Final Holdout: 9-11
Reggie, Contributing Editor
Not to worry, this is not about truth seekers or conspiracy theories. It’s not about the long list of anomalies and discrepancies in the official story of 9/11. It’s not even about the undeniable fact that the events of 9/11 gave George Bush and his handlers the keys to the neocon kingdom of empire. It really is not.
What it’s about is the strangest phenomenon I can recall in my entire adult life. It’s about what I perceive to be an extraordinary lapse in the logic of millions of otherwise sensible Americans. And it’s about something I cannot wrap my mind around, no matter how I try. Maybe someone out there can help me understand what’s going on.
In preface, let me also say that this is not about being uninformed. Granted, the corporate media have suppressed any discussion, debate or investigative reporting about the attacks on the United States that purportedly ‘changed everything.’ That reality aside, even the most fawn-like pundits on the airwaves understand that the ship of state is sinking, and that it is time to challenge the lies of this administration. But, it seems that lie after lie has become fair game for disclosure, or at least for some discussion at this point. As a result, each day, the American people in larger and larger numbers understand that they have been taken for a terrible and costly ride by the lies they were told by this President and his cohorts.
That is, every lie but one.
Finally, nearly seven years after a stolen election that was itself based on lies, greater numbers of Americans are no longer blindly accepting the talking points emanating from the White House as the Gospel truth. In more and more media outlets the Bush lies are openly being identified as such, - rather than by every other euphemism meant to soften the ugliness of a government lying to its people. If people are not totally convinced, at least they hear debates and discussions and competing viewpoints. If nothing else, they are beginning to have doubts about the daily mantras that had them mesmerized for so long.
So let’s take a look at just the short list of these lies, so as better to understand my dilemma about the lone holdout: 9/11. Bear with me:
At this point in time, many, if not most Americans know that the men and women in the Bush White House clearly and deliberately LIED to them, both by omission and commission about:
- The Bush connection to the bin Laden family.
- Escorting dozens of members of the bin Laden family out of US after 9/11
- The Patriot Act having been written decades before 9/11
- The call for a ‘new Pearl Harbor’ by the neocons who orchestrated the wars
- A totally invalid and false connection between Iraq and the ‘War on Terror
- Regular, politically timed terror alerts
- Toxic air quality at Ground Zero after 9/11
- The ‘junk science’ of Global Warming and its effects around the globe
- WH orders to suppress and politicize reports on by the Surgeon General
- Plans for wars with Iraq and Afghanistan that were made before 9/11
- Saddam Hussein’s possession of WMD
- Saddam Hussein’s connection to Al Qaeda
- Saddam Hussein’s involvement in 9/11
- Saddam Hussein’s threat to the US or his neighbors
- Having NO plans for an extended occupation of Iraq or for keeping the peace
- Inadequate armor and supplies for our men and women in uniform
- Supposed ‘progress’ in Iraq, time after time
- Fudged numbers of civilian deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq
- The staged ‘toppling’ of Saddam’s statue
- The staged rescue of Jessica Lynch
- The lies about Pat Tillman’s death by friendly fire
- Illegal warrantless spying on US citizens
- Torture at Abu Ghraib and other prisons in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Rendition of detainees to other countries for torture
- Outing Valerie Plame as a CIA operative
- White House involvement in the firing of federal prosecutors…
There are so many more lies to list, but I think you get the idea.
Am I wrong to believe that in any other life situation there would be a different reaction to a series of important lies? If you became aware that your plumber or your neighbor or your doctor, or anyone at all in your life lied to you over and over and over about issues that were relevant to your well being, would you ever again believe ANYTHING that person said to you? I really don’t think so.
So, after becoming aware of lie after lie after lie by Bushco, why would anyone in his or her right mind FULLY EMBRACE THE OFFICIAL STORY OF WHAT HAPPENED ON 9/11 WITHOUT A SINGLE QUESTION? Why would anyone in the United Sates of America conclude that the official version of the most important event in recent American history AS TOLD BY PROVEN LIARS is true?
Help me out here, please.
It makes no sense to me at all. Especially, since the most telling part of all this illogic is this: NONE OF THE LIES ON THE ABOVE LIST WOULD HAVE BEEN NECESSARY OR EVEN POSSIBLE WERE IT NOT FOR AN UNSWERVING ACCEPTANCE BY MOST AMERICANS OF THE OFFICIAL VERSION OF 9/11.
Bottom line: I fully understand how difficult it is to believe anything other than the official government story of 9/11. The editor of TvNewsLIES.org has examined the reasons behind the refusal of so many Americans to believe the mounds of evidence that challenge the credibility of the story we have been told. Fine and good.
But, frankly, for the purpose of this article, your personal opinion about who was responsible for 9/11 is irrelevant. It makes no difference at all. What matters is that we examine the strange illogic that stops millions of Americans from questioning a possible lie – one that may matter more than any other. These same Americans now seem willing to openly question many of the lies that are told and repeated ad nauseam by the President and his clan. They are now for more skeptical about their messages and far more hesitant to believe anything George W. Bush tells them in his speeches and press conferences.
But they still will not consider for a moment that the official story of 9/11 as told by this lying government may also be a lie. Ergo, the illogic I cannot understand..
The official story of 9/11 has been told by professional, experienced,
and successful liars.
Maybe it will take another 9/11, as we’ve recently been warned may happen very soon, to convince Americans that the most egregious and damaging of all the lies told by the Bush administration must not remain off limits.
We really have few choices left. We have to reach that logical moment when we can openly discuss and debate and examine the available information about 9/11, no matter what the outcome may be. We have to retrieve our collective abilities to examine the events of that day. Perhaps, then, we finally can say about the lies we have heard….:
…and then there were none.
PRISON PLANET.com Copyright © 2002-2007 Alex Jones All rights reserved.