August 4, 2013
The CIA is attempting to control the Benghazi story by forcing agency employees to sign nondisclosure agreements. The five employees, Fox News reported on Friday, had already signed similar agreements prior to the attack on the embassy building in Benghazi, Libya, last September. The attack killed four Americans, including ambassador Christopher Stevens.
In addition to nondisclosures, CIA employees were subjected to polygraph examinations on a monthly basis.
On Thursday, CNN’s Jake Tapper reported that the network “uncovered exclusive new information about what is allegedly happening at the CIA,” including word that “dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.”
The CIA is doing all it can to make sure the truth never comes to light. CNN characterizes the effort as unprecedented.
GOP members of Congress are attempting to steer attention away from the CIA and its real mission in Libya prior to the deadly attack. On Wednesday, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, said incoming FBI director James Comey has 30 days to brief Congress on its investigation. “One of the pertinent questions today is why we have not captured or killed the terrorist who committed these attacks?” Chaffetz said during a news conference. “News out today that CNN was able to go in and talk to one of the suspected terrorists, how come the military hasn’t been able to get after them and capture or kill the people? How come the FBI isn’t doing this and yet CNN is?”
The man in question, Ahmed Abu Khattala, is a Libyan described by officials as the Benghazi leader of the al-Qaeda-affiliated militia group Ansar al-Sharia. It was learned after the attack that the February 17th Martyrs Brigade was paid by the State Department to protect the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi. The group had “clear al-Qaida sympathies, and had prominently displayed the al-Qaida flag on a Facebook page for months before the deadly attack,” Max Rosenthal reported for Newsmax in May.
As to be expected, the establishment media has not reported the truth about what happened in Benghazi and why the CIA is scrambling to deep six the story.
In 2011, Ambassador Stevens was appointed to be the Obama administration’s liaison with the “budding Libyan opposition,” according to ABC News. Stevens and the State Department worked directly with Abdelhakim Belhadj of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group. Belhadj has direct connections to al-Qaeda, Washington’s Blog pointed out on May 9, 2013.
On May 8, as a number of Benghazi cover stories were rising to the surface thanks to coverage by the corporate media, we reported the real story – the murder of Stevens wasn’t about a lame anti-Muslim video, as the media theatrically insisted, but was connected to an arms shipment destined for CIA mercenaries in Syria.
During an interview with CNBC’s Larry Kudlow, radio talk show host John Baxter said the resignation of CIA Director David Petraeus had nothing to do with an extramarital affair with his biographer, reserve Army officer Paula Broadwell, but was related to U.S. policy in the Middle East, ongoing “color revolutions” in the region, and specifically the operation underway to arm al-Qaeda in Syria and overthrow the al-Assad regime.
“Benghazi is not about Libya, Benghazi is about the policy of the Obama administration to involve the United States without clarity to the American people, not only in Libya but throughout the whole of the Arab world now in turmoil,” Baxter told Kudlow. “Benghazi is about the NSC directing an operation that is perhaps shadowy, perhaps a presidential finding, perhaps doesn’t, that takes arms and men and puts them into Syria in the guise of the Free Syria Army.”
Retired Lt. General William Boykin said in January that Stevens was in Benghazi as part of an effort to arm al-Qaeda. “More supposition was that he was now funneling guns to the rebel forces in Syria, using essentially the Turks to facilitate that. Was that occurring, (a), and if so, was it a legal covert action?” Boykin said during an interview with CNS News.
Boykin said Stevens was “given a directive to support the Syrian rebels” and the State Department’s Special Mission Compound in Benghazi “would be the hub of that activity.”
Naturally, the real story will be ignored by the New York Times and the rest of the establishment media. The CIA has shifted into overdrive in an effort to shut up those who know the real Benghazi story. Congressional investigations will attempt to cement the manufactured lies and propagate yet another official fairy tale.
Moreover, it now appears a manufactured al-Qaeda terror event may be in the works as the State Department issues a global travel alert and “fresh intelligence” supposedly indicates that al-Qaeda operatives in the Arabian Peninsula are in the final stages of planning an attack against U.S. and Western targets, according to several U.S. Officials. In response, “the United States took the extraordinary step of shutting down embassies and issuing travel warnings,” CNN reports.
This article was posted: Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 3:42 am