- Prison Planet.com - http://www.prisonplanet.com -
Fanapt Hoax Hides Real Connection Between Shooters and SSRI Drugs
Posted By admin On December 19, 2012 @ 11:57 am In Featured Stories,News In Focus,Paul Watson Articles,Tile | Comments Disabled
Virtually every mass shooter has been on psychotropics
Paul Joseph Watson
December 19, 2012
The fact that Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza was about to committed into psychiatric care before his rampage almost certainly indicates he was on one of the raft of anti-psychotic pharmaceuticals linked to aggression and suicide, but reports that Fanapt was the drug are likely inaccurate.
The original source for the claim that Lanza was on Fanapt appears to have been a New York Daily News article  first published on Sunday afternoon and then revised on Monday morning.
The initial version of the story prompted the New York Magazine  to cite the NY Daily News in reporting that “Adam’s uncle….said he was taking an anti-psychotic drug called Fanapt.” The story was then picked up by numerous other outlets.
However, the latest version of the NY Daily News article contains no mention of the uncle or the drug Fanapt.
It’s almost certain that the original version of the article did mention this before being amended, and that the NY Mag piece was based on the original NY Daily News piece.
The reason for it being removed was likely the fact, as reported by Democratic Underground , that the claim that Lanza was on Fanapt was allegedly made not by Lanza’s real uncle, but by an Internet troll who reportedly inserts himself into every mass shooting story by posing as a family member of the killer.
Whether this piece of misinformation will be used by the establishment media to characterize claims that Lanza was on anti-psychotics as a baseless conspiracy theory remains to be seen.
Given the fact that virtually every mass shooter in recent history has been on some form of SSRI drug, expect the corporate press, much of which is funded by Big Pharma advertising, to want to keep the fact quiet.
By hiding the clear link to anti-psychotic drugs, the establishment can continue to blame guns and the second amendment for the tragic shooting. However, if and when an SSRI connection is made, the gun control argument will be severely diluted.
As the except from CCHR below  demonstrates, anti-psychotic drugs are a hallmark of mass shooters, but you won’t see any call in the mainstream media to see them banned, despite the fact that even gun control advocates like Michael Moore have admitted the clear connection.
1. Huntsville, Alabama – February 5, 2010: 15-year-old Hammad Memon shot and killed another Discover Middle School student Todd Brown. Memon had a history for being treated for ADHD and depression. He was taking the antidepressant Zoloft and “other drugs for the conditions.” He had been seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist.
2. Kauhajoki, Finland – September 23, 2008: 22-year-old culinary student Matti Saari shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine. He was also seeing a psychologist.
3. Dekalb, Illinois – February 14, 2008: 27-year-old Steven Kazmierczak shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amount of Xanax in his system. He had been seeing a psychiatrist.
4. Jokela, Finland – November 7, 2007: 18-year-old Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School in southern Finland, then committed suicide.
5. Cleveland, Ohio – October 10, 2007: 14-year-old Asa Coon stormed through his school with a gun in each hand, shooting and wounding four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon had been placed on the antidepressant Trazodone.
6. Red Lake, Minnesota – March 2005: 16-year-old Jeff Weise, on Prozac, shot and killed his grandparents, then went to his school on the Red Lake Indian Reservation where he shot dead 7 students and a teacher, and wounded 7 before killing himself.
7. Greenbush, New York – February 2004: 16-year-old Jon Romano strolled into his high school in east Greenbush and opened fire with a shotgun. Special education teacher Michael Bennett was hit in the leg. Romano had been taking “medication for depression”. He had previously seen a psychiatrist.
8. Wahluke, Washington – April 10, 2001: Sixteen-year-old Cory Baadsgaard took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates and a teacher hostage. He had been taking the antidepressant Effexor.
9. El Cajon, California – March 22, 2001: 18-year-old Jason Hoffman, on the antidepressants Celexa and Effexor, opened fire on his classmates, wounding three students and two teachers at Granite Hills High School. He had been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.
10. Williamsport, Pennsylvania – March 7, 2001: 14-year-old Elizabeth Bush was taking the antidepressant Prozac when she shot at fellow students, wounding one.
11. Conyers, Georgia – May 20, 1999: 15-year-old T.J. Solomon was being treated with the stimulant Ritalin when he opened fire on and wounded six of his classmates.
12. Columbine, Colorado – April 20, 1999: 18-year-old Eric Harris and his accomplice, Dylan Klebold, killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 26 others before killing themselves. Harris was on the antidepressant Luvox. Klebold’s medical records remain sealed. Both shooters had been in anger-management classes and had undergone counseling. Harris had been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.
13. Notus, Idaho – April 16, 1999: 15-year-old Shawn Cooper fired two shotgun rounds in his school, narrowly missing students. He was taking a prescribed SSRI antidepressant and Ritalin.
14. Springfield, Oregon – May 21, 1998: 15-year-old Kip Kinkel murdered his parents and then proceeded to school where he opened fire on students in the cafeteria, killing two and wounding 25. Kinkel had been taking the antidepressant Prozac. Kinkel had been attending “anger control classes” and was under the care of a psychologist.
Article printed from Prison Planet.com: http://www.prisonplanet.com
URL to article: http://www.prisonplanet.com/fanapt-hoax-hides-real-connection-between-shooters-and-ssri-drugs.html
URLs in this post:
 New York Daily News article: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nancy-lanza-feared-son-adam-worse-article-1.1221505
 the New York Magazine: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/12/aspergers-is-a-red-herring-to-explain-newtown.html
 Democratic Underground: http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=2015330
 As the except from CCHR below: http://www.cchrint.org/2012/07/20/the-aurora-colorado-tragedy-another-senseless-shooting-another-psychotropic-drug/
 Infowars.com: http://infowars.com/
 Prison Planet.com: http://prisonplanet.com/
Copyright © 2013 PrisonPlanet.com. All rights reserved.