Ethan A. Huff
Monday, December 27, 2010
(NaturalNews) A Sacramento-based airline pilot is the subject of a federal investigation for exposing what he says are serious flaws in the U.S. Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) airport security protocols. According to ABC News10 in Sacramento, the 50-year-old pilot who requested to remain anonymous says that TSA applies its strict screening protocols to passengers and even flight crews, but ground crews are freely able to access secure areas with a simple card swipe.
“As you can see, airport security is kind of a farce,” the pilot explains in his video, as he shows an entrance to a secure area. “It’s only smoke and mirrors so you people believe there is actually something going on here.”
The pilot has worked for his airline for more than ten years and had been issued a federal handgun to carry with him in the cockpit. But after blowing the whistle on the serious security breaches taking place at the airport, four federal air marshals and two sheriff’s deputies shows up at his house to confiscate the weapon, and they also asked him to give up his state-issued concealed weapon carry permit.
(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)
On December 6, the pilot also received a letter from the TSA explaining that “an administrative review into your deputation status as a Federal Flight Deck Officer has been initiated,” a move that he believes is a warning from the Feds saying not to mess with the system, unless you want to face the consequences.
According to the same ABC News10 report, the pilot’s airline asked him to remove the videos from YouTube shortly after he posted them, but portions of the videos captured as part of the ABC News10 report can be viewed at the following link:
Sources for this story include:
This article was posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 at 3:06 am