Tuesday, Jan 13, 2008
Arafat renounced violence, so Israel had to get rid of him. Israel needs wars in order to create a Greater Israel.
Israel does not want Palestinians to be peace-loving.
Because that would prevent Israel from having more wars to create a Greater Israel.
Israel wants violent Palestinians.
On 10 January 2009, we read Writing on the wall , in the Sydney Morning Herald.
(Herald chief correspondent Paul McGeough’s new book, Kill Khalid: Mossad’s Failed Hit … And The Rise Of Hamas, will be published early in March by Allen & Unwin.)
Among the points made:
1. Hamas emerged from the ranks of the Muslim Brotherhood.
(Reportedly, the Muslim Brotherhood has long been used by MI6 and the CIA to weaken Moslem governments – Aangirfan)
- A d v e r t i s e m e n t
2. Israel helped build up Hamas, which became a rival to Arafat’s Fatah.
3. Arafat’s PLO renounced violence and recognised Israel, prior to the Oslo peace talks.
(This did not suit Israel.)
(Article continues below)
Hamas refused to end violent resistance or to acknowledge Israel’s right to exist.
(This suited Israel)
4. The Israelis, in the early 1990s, deported hundreds of key Hamas figures to south Lebanon, where they began working with Hezbollah.
(Israel needs Hezbollah if it is to have an excuse to take over South Lebanon, with its valuable water supplies.)
5. In 1997, Arafat had Hamas pinned down, and Arafat was rounding up Islamists by the thousand.
Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel’s prime minister, organised the bungled assassination of Khalid Mishal. This helped Hamas to revive and survive.
(This suited Israel).
6. Mossad, under Efraim Halevy, came up with a plan, agreed to by the Bush, to get rid of Arafat.
(Arafat was too much in favour of peace.)
7. Abbas was presented by the media as being a puppet of the Americans.
Hamas triumphed in the 2006 elections.
(This suited Israel)
8. Israel and its allies blockaded Gaza.
(Israel had an excuse to further weaken the Palestinians.)
9. John Bolton (and Israel) would like to give the West Bank to Jordan and Gaza to Egypt.
Then there would be no more Palestine.
10. Bolton believes Jordan and Egypt can be bribed.
Egypt relies on aid from the USA.
But Egypt fears it would be weakened if it had unhappy Palestinians under its control.