Friday, August 21, 2009
Here are some of the points made:
1. India has failed to supply solid information in relation to the culprits of the Mumbai attacks of November 2008.
2. On 8 February 2009, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi revealed that the Mumbai terror attacks could not have been carried out without internal help from India.
On 12 February 2009, the Mumbai police Chief Hassan Ghafoor admitted that two Indians who were arrested by the Indian police had been involved in the Mumbai carnage.
3. India’s aims is to conceal the the role of its secret agency RAW in the Mumbai drama.
4. The death of Anti-Terrorism Squad Chief Hemant Karkare suggests that Indian intelligence agencies planned the attacks.
5. Narayan Rane, an Indian-Hindu leader of the Congress, disclosed on 16 December 2008 that Hindu politicians provided logistical and financial support to Hindu terrorists for the killing of Karkare.
6. Indian Minority Affairs Minister Abdul Rahman Antulay revealed that the killing of Anti-Terrorism Squad Chief Karkare in Mumbai was a conspiracy.
He said that Karkare was assassinated owing to his leading role in the investigation of Hindus in the 2006 Malegaon bombings which killed eight people outside a mosque.
He said, “Anyone trying to go to the roots of terror has always been a target.”
He called for an inquiry into Karkare’s death.
7. Lt. Col. Srikant Purohit, of the Indian military, was found to have been involved in supplying high-grade explosives to the Hindu fundamentalists.
He played a key role in setting the Samjhota express on fire.