September 17, 2012
Explosive blasts destroyed power lines to Iran’s underground nuclear facility at Fordo last month, the head of Iran’s atomic agency said at a meeting of UN atomic agency member states Monday.
“On … 17th August 2012, the electric power lines from the city of Qom to the Fordo complex … were cut using explosives,” Fereydoon Abbasi Davani told the 155-nation International Atomic Energy Agency gathering in a speech.
Davani did not accuse anyone of sabotage, but in the past Iran has claimed both Israel and the United States were behind the assassinations of nuclear scientists and computer viruses targetting its facilities.
The day after the power line blasts, “agency inspectors requested to conduct an unannounced inspection. Does this visit have any connection to that detonation?” Abbasi said through an interpreter.
This article was posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 at 9:01 am