Washington’s Blog 
Sept 28, 2012
We understand, respect and empathize with the historical fact that Jews suffered horrendous persecution and suffering.
But Israeli prime minister Netanyahu’s “red line” graphic  presented to the United Nations today is over-the-top.
Top American and Israeli military and intelligence officials say:
- Even if Iran did build a nuclear bomb – it would not be that dangerous , because Israel and America have so many more nukes. And see this 
- Attacking Iran would only speed up its development of nuclear weapons , empower its hardliners, and undermine the chance for democratic reform
- Despite its heated rhetoric – Iran is a “rational actor” . For example, in 2011, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper testified before Congress that “we continue to judge Iran’s nuclear decision-making is guided by a cost-benefit approach.” In February 2012, General Ron Burgess, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, told Congress that “the agency assesses Iran is unlikely to initiate or provoke a conflict.” Also in February, General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said: “We are of the opinion that Iran is a rational actor”
- Well-known economist Nouriel Roubini says that attacking Iran would lead to global recession . The IMF says that Iran cutting off oil supplies could raise crude prices 30% . War with Iran would kill the American economy . And see this  and this 
- While Iran’s president Ahmadinejad is certainly a loud-mouthed, trash-talking loose cannon, Iran’s Jews are actually treated quite well .