Friday, September 5, 2008
A former Israeli commander says the army has not been prepared enough for another war after it faced an “embarrassing” defeat in Lebanon.
Major General (res.) Moshe Ivri-Sukenik, who resigned as commander of the Israel Defense Forces’ Northern Corps earlier this year, strongly criticized the Israeli offensive into Lebanon, Ha’aretz reported.
He also described the results of the 33-day Lebanon war as “embarrassing” and said “It will take time for the IDF to recover from the wounds of the war”.
This article was posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 at 11:49 am