London Guardian 
April 2, 2012
The activist group behind the Kony 2012 viral video has said it will launch a sequel on Tuesday.
The California-based group Invisible Children promised that its new film would give more details and context than the first, which urged grassroots campaigners to pressure politicians and the military to hunt the notorious Ugandan warlord Joseph Kony.
The half-hour film broke records with more than 100m views in less than a week, but provoked fierce debate and criticism over its slick style and simplification of the issues. It caused anger in northern Uganda, where a public screening descended into scuffles and stone-throwing.
Jedidiah Jenkins, Invisible Children’s director of ideology, told Reuters a Kony 2012 Part II video was expected to be released on Tuesday. It had been designed for an international audience with more details on Kony’s Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) and more voices from the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, where the LRA was currently based, he said. Kony 2012 was accused of implying that the warlord was still menacing Uganda.