Rev. Ted Pike
National Prayer Network 
Monday, Oct 19th, 2009
The defense bill, with hate bill attached, is headed to Pres. Obama for signing after probable passage by the Senate early this week. It includes $100 billion in funding for thousands of additional F-35 warplane engines. Obama has repeatedly warned Congress he will veto a defense bill with such funding. If the D.C. vote measure is pursued by the Democrats, it may have several favorable consequences for lovers of freedom:
- The DC amendment will have to be debated and voted on in the House and Senate – a delay of perhaps a week in signing of the defense/hate bill by the President.
- Since a DC amendment is to Republican disadvantage, scores of Congressional Republicans who now support passage of the defense/hate bill (such as Sen. John McCain) might no longer do so.
Massive protest from the American people, emailing the President to keep his veto promise, could provide a recipe for hope – hope that the Democrat ambition of a federal hate crimes bureaucracy like Canada’s, ending free speech in America, will founder.
With the possibility of a little more time, it is vital that all elements of the Christian/conservative right unite NOW, demanding Obama keep his veto promise. Unfortunately, even though all other strategies to defeat the hate bill are exhausted, major evangelical “watchdog” groups remain unresponsive to promotion of this, the only viable strategy to kill the hate bill.
- A d v e r t i s e m e n t
Keep emails going into the White House! Talk show host Pastor Wiley Drake suggests his strategy. After cutting and pasting in the following messages to the White House, he keeps punching “send” several times a day. Do the same. Email these messages daily until the hate bill is vetoed:
- Mr. President, I will vote out Democrats at midterms if you sign the freedom-destroying federal hate crimes bill.
- Mr. President, I expect you to keep your promise to veto any military authorization bill that wastes $100 billion of taxpayers’ money on unnecessary F-35 jet engines.
Let’s make it overwhelmingly clear to the President this week that if he wants Democrats to survive at mid-term elections next year, he will reject the influence of the ADL, homosexual lobby – even his Democrat Congress. He will listen to the American people and veto a defense bill both he and the Pentagon have repeatedly declared wasteful and outdated.
Obama may not have a reputation for keeping his word. But I believe overwhelming pressure from the American people can go a long way toward making him honest.