April 6, 2013
Earlier North Korea told embassies in Pyongyang to consider evacuating their employees because it can’t guarantee their safety after April 10.
That’s also the day that South Korean (ROK) companies must pull all of their workers out of the Kaesong industrial complex — an ROK-financed project that accounts for up to 40 percent of the North’s revenue.
For the last few days the North has blocked South Koreans from entering the complex in the North — considered the last lifeline between the two Koreas — while allowing them to leave at any time.
The date 4/10/13 also plays into the fact that three generations of the Kim family have been fixated on the number 9, New Focus International editor-in-chief Jang Jin-sung reports in The Guardian.
Jang details numerous how numerous important events, beginning with Korea’s liberation from Japanese occupation, have been linked to the number 9 (an auspicious number in east Asia). These include:
- Founder Kim Il-sung declared the birth date of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea to be September 9.
- Kim’s personal bodyguard corps, the Supreme Guard Command, was named Unit 963 (double nine is an especially lucky combination).
- Kim Jong-il repeatedly stressed the fact that his birthday fell on 16 February (1+6+2=9), and he was appointed to the highest military post on December 24 (2+4+1+2=9).
- Kim Jong-un made his first public role as general of the Korean People’s Army on September 27, 2010 (the 9th month and 2+7=9 equals double nine).
- The produce used to feed the Kims comes from No. 9 farms and No. 9 work details, and the meals are called “No. 9 products.”
Full article here
This article was posted: Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 4:44 am
Print this page.
Comment on this article