- Prison Planet.com - http://www.prisonplanet.com -
Now Tesco admits its bolognese is made of horsemeat: Supermarket giant reveals ‘Everyday Value’ dish contained up to 100% horseflesh
Posted By admin On February 12, 2013 @ 5:42 am In Prison Planet | Comments Disabled
UK Daily Mail 
Feb 12, 2013
The food fraud scandal escalated last night when Tesco admitted the ‘minced beef’ in its frozen bolognese is up to 100 per cent horsemeat.
The value range ready-meal was made by Comigel, a French firm also linked to contaminated products at Findus and Aldi.
Horses slaughtered in Romania are thought to have been used by Comigel to make meals distributed across Britain and Europe, raising fears the problems are more widespread than first thought.
The Tesco revelation came as:
- Ministers warned schools and hospitals to check their meals;
- The Government was branded incompetent in heated exchanges in the Commons;
- Labour claimed up to 70,000 horses are unaccounted for in Northern Ireland and could have entered the European food chain;
- A Romanian abattoir that supplied some of the original horse meat angrily denied claims it had mis-sold the product as beef.
Article printed from Prison Planet.com: http://www.prisonplanet.com
URL to article: http://www.prisonplanet.com/now-tesco-admits-its-bolognese-is-made-of-horsemeat-supermarket-giant-reveals-everyday-value-dish-contained-up-to-100-horseflesh.html
URLs in this post:
 UK Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2277093/Tesco-admits-bolognese-horsemeat-Everyday-Value-meal-100-horse.html#axzz2KaOIXlm6
Copyright © 2013 Prison Planet.com. All rights reserved.