- Prison Planet.com - http://www.prisonplanet.com -
On Obama “Closing Gitmo”
Posted By admin On January 22, 2009 @ 10:59 am In Featured Stories | Comments Disabled
Prison Planet 
Thursday, January 22, 2009
From one of our visitors…..
This is a C&P from a commenter at another site…..RawStory
I haven’t had time to check if his points are true, but based on all of the weaselly lying, triangulating bullshit we have seen from Obama so far…..this stuff makes sense. It is all just word play and lawyer talk.
This article headline is very misleading, although I guess it was intentionally written that way to bait readers.
1) CIA has no prisons of its own–neither overt or covert. The most they do is ‘borrow’ other facilities, either US or Foreign.
2) Since all CIA detentions are ‘temporary’ by definition, this amounts to no change.
3) “limiting interrogation standards in all U.S. facilities worldwide” does nothing for Foreign facilities.
4) “and prohibiting the agency from secretly holding terrorist detainees in third-country prisons” See #1, above.
Basically, this leaves the whole thing basically as it is now–which is a very good thing for the US–and hopefully will shut up all the idiots who do not know what they are talking about, and oppose the existing processes.
Article printed from Prison Planet.com: http://www.prisonplanet.com
URL to article: http://www.prisonplanet.com/on-obama-closing-gitmo.html
URLs in this post:
 Prison Planet: http://prisonplanet.com
 RE: Obama officially orders Gitmo closure : http://www.prisonplanet.com/obama-officially-orders-gitmo-closure.html
Copyright © 2013 PrisonPlanet.com. All rights reserved.