- Prison Planet.com - http://www.prisonplanet.com -
Phosphoric acid used in soda pop shown dissolving teeth in rare video
Posted By admin On September 6, 2013 @ 5:02 am In Sci Tech | Comments Disabled
Natural News 
September 6, 2013
Get ready for another breakthrough investigation from the Natural News Forensic Food Lab, where we’ve put mammalian teeth under the microscope as they are being bathed in phosphoric acid — the same acid used in sodas and soft drinks and found in both Coca-Cola and Pepsi products.
I completed this research and microscopic videography roughly a week ago and was shocked to discover just how easily phosphoric acid destroys teeth. See the mind-blowing photos and video below for more details.
As the director of the Natural News Forensic Food Lab, I want you to know that these photos are not altered in any way. In addition, no animals were harmed or killed to make this video. The acid used in this science experiment is 85% pure phosphoric acid, the same kind of acid used in soft drinks and soda pop. Absolutely no other acids were used in this experiment.These results are reproducible in any science lab.
This forensic evidence of the damage caused to teeth by phosphoric acid will be viciously attacked by the soda industry, which has a long history of denial of scientific facts much like Big Tobacco. So if you see negative comments on this article or the video, know that those trolls are most likely being paid by corporate interests to try to obfuscate these findings and attack the messenger rather than admitting their products are directly harming the health of their own customers.
A full explanation of additional facts regarding this science experiment are published at the end of this article. See the related video at:
See the shocking photos
Here’s the first photo of the teeth we used in this experiment. They were removed from the lower jaw of a wild boar found dead in the Texas outbreak. They were fully intact and had not been exposed to the elements. (Yes, I collect specimens from nature to bring back to the lab for investigations in the public interest.)
To conduct the experiment, we then bathed these teeth in phosphoric acid.
This caused an immediate chemical reaction to take place, resulting in the off-gassing you see in this photo as the phosphoric acid ate away the tooth enamel:
Here’s the same tooth after the phosphoric acid reaction. As you can see, the tooth integrity is utterly destroyed:
Check out some more before and after photos:
See the video showing the chemical reaction and “tweezer test”
Watch this video to see even more shocking images from this Health Ranger experiment:
Also, see more forensic investigations into everyday foods at:
Facts about the phosphoric acid teeth experiment
Here are some facts on how this was accomplished:
• The Natural News Forensic Food Lab is located in Texas and conducts digital microscopy investigations on popular foods. See a previous investigation on “strange fibers” found in Chicken McNuggets .
• Both Coke and Pepsi contain phosphoric acid as a key ingredient, listed right on the label (see image, right).
• The teeth used in this experiment are mammalian teeth derived from a wild boar in Texas. These teeth were enclosed in the jaw bone and had never been exposed to the elements. (No animals were killed to conduct this research. Wild boars live and die every day in the Texas outback and are easily found already dead with fresh bones fully intact.)
• Wild boar teeth are almost identical to human teeth in terms of structure, physiology and elemental composition. Their properties of hardness and durability are, in fact, superior to most modern-day human teeth (because wild hogs have vastly superior nutrition than most modern-day humans who consume nutrient-depleted, processed foods loaded with toxic chemicals).
• Before being bathed in acid, the teeth were found to be relatively smooth, durable and hard. They were difficult to extract from the jaw bone and resisted scratching with common tweezers. We did not weigh the teeth before the acid bath but plan to do so in an expanded version of this experiment that looks at the totalloss of tooth mass caused by phosphoric acid.
• The teeth were bathed in a solution of 85% phosphoric acid for a period of 12 hours. This concentration of phosphoric acid is much higher than the concentration typically found in soda products, so the effects you see here are accelerated compared to the effects you would see with the lower concentration acids typically found in soda.
• According to a 2012 Gallup poll , nearly half of all Americans drink soda daily, thereby bathing their teeth in phosphoric acid each day.
• According to these published soda facts , the average American drinks 45 gallons of sugary drinks each year. Each 20-ounce bottle of soda contains 16 teaspoons of sugar.
• Coca-Cola reportedly claims the actual amount of phosphoric acid in its sodas is “proprietary information ” and thus not available to the public.
• A doctor quoted in ABC News  confirms that the phosphoric acid in soda can destroy bones. “Phosphorus helps leech the calcium out of the bone, when it’s absorbed very well in the sodas that people drink,” said Dr. Loren Wissner Greene of New York University’s Langone Medical Center.
• The pH of Coca-Cola is 2.525, just slightly higher than that of battery acid.
• According to a scientific study covered on LiveScience.com , “teeth immersed in Coke, Pepsi, RC Cola, Squirt, Surge, 7 Up and Diet 7 Up lost more than 5 percent of their weight, according to the report by Poonam Jain of the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine and her colleagues.” It goes on to report, “The erosive potential of colas is 10 times that of fruit juices in just the first three minutes of drinking, a study last year showed.”
Phosphoric acid damages your teeth as much as using meth
This story gets even more shocking when you realize that phosphoric acid from soda may damage your teeth as much as using meth or other illegal drugs.
“Drinking large quantities of your favorite carbonated soda could be as damaging to your teeth as methamphetamine and crack cocaine use,” says a press release from the Academy of General Dentistry .
To conduct the study, “the General Dentistry case study compared the damage in three individuals’ mouths — an admitted user of methamphetamine, a previous longtime user of cocaine, and an excessive diet soda drinker. Researchers found the same type and severity of damage from tooth erosion in each participant’s mouth,” reports the AGD press release.
“Each person experienced severe tooth erosion caused by the high acid levels present in their ‘drug’ of choice — meth, crack, or soda,” said Mohamed A. Bassiouny, DMD, MSc, PhD, lead author of the study.
More forensic food investigations coming soon from Natural News
Keep reading Natural News  for more forensic food investigations from the Natural News Forensic Food Lab.
See more food investigations videos at www.FoodInvestigations.com 
Do your own investigations on food ingredients and toxic chemicals at:
Article printed from Prison Planet.com: http://www.prisonplanet.com
URL to article: http://www.prisonplanet.com/phosphoric-acid-used-in-soda-pop-shown-dissolving-teeth-in-rare-video.html
URLs in this post:
 Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/041933_phosphoric_acid_teeth_sodas.html
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg8Fn7N35-w: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg8Fn7N35-w
 www.FoodInvestigations.com: http://www.foodinvestigations.com/
 on “strange fibers” found in Chicken McNuggets: http://www.naturalnews.com/041646_Chicken_McNuggets_forensic_food_analysis_strange_fibers.html
 2012 Gallup poll: http://www.gallup.com/poll/156116/nearly-half-americans-drink-soda-daily.aspx
 published soda facts: http://www.kickthecan.info/soda-facts
 proprietary information: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_phosphoric_acid_is_in_a_can_of_Coke
 ABC News: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/health&id=7527237
 LiveScience.com: http://www.livescience.com/7198-acids-popular-sodas-erode-tooth-enamel.html
 Academy of General Dentistry: http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2013-05/aogd-sai052813.php
 Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/
 http://science.naturalnews.com: http://science.naturalnews.com/
 http://science.naturalnews.com/phosphoric_ac…: http://science.naturalnews.com/phosphoric_acid.html
 www.AGD.org: http://www.agd.org/
 www.KnowYourTeeth.com: http://www.knowyourteeth.com/
 Diet Soda, Aspartame Shown to Destroy Kidney Function: http://www.prisonplanet.com/diet-soda-aspartame-shown-to-destroy-kidney-function.html
 Extra-caffeinated soda and chemical sweeteners for breakfast?: http://www.prisonplanet.com/extra-caffeinated-soda-and-chemical-sweeteners-for-breakfast-pepsico-introduces-kickstart-soda-for-people-who-absolutely-hate-themselves.html
 Drowning in soda: America’s health problems made far worse by massive soda consumption: http://www.prisonplanet.com/drowning-in-soda-americas-health-problems-made-far-worse-by-massive-soda-consumption.html
 Mayor Bloomberg’s soda ban will cause New Yorkers to poison themselves with more aspartame: http://www.prisonplanet.com/mayor-bloombergs-soda-ban-will-cause-new-yorkers-to-poison-themselves-with-more-aspartame.html
 Over 130,000 cases of diabetes now linked to soda consumption, HFCS: http://www.prisonplanet.com/over-130000-cases-of-diabetes-now-linked-to-soda-consumption-hfcs.html
Copyright © 2013 PrisonPlanet.com. All rights reserved.