- Prison Planet.com - http://www.prisonplanet.com -
Police Confiscate Man’s Guns Over Son’s Water Pistol Threat
Posted By admin On April 9, 2013 @ 5:48 am In Featured Stories,Tile | Comments Disabled
Latest example of anti-Second Amendment hysteria reaches new level of absurdity
Paul Joseph Watson
April 9, 2013
In the latest example of anti-gun hysteria, police in New York State confiscated a man’s firearms and revoked his pistol license after his son threatened to use a water pistol against bullies who had taunted his friends at school.
Commack resident John Mayer is now pursuing legal action after Suffolk County Police visited his home and threatened to embarrass him in front of his neighbors before confiscating Mayer’s handguns and rifles, firearms worth around $6,500 dollars.
Mayer also had his pistol license revoked and was told it would only be restored when his son reaches 18 years of age and moves out of the home.
The police visit stemmed from a March 1 incident at Pines Elementary school in Hauppauge. Mayer’s 10-year-old son discovered that some of his friends had been bullied by other boys and there had been a scuffle on the schoolyard. Mayer’s son discussed a plan with two other boys to bring a water pistol, a paintball gun and a BB gun to the home of the bullies involved in the incident.
Despite the fact that the boys involved do not even own any of the guns mentioned, when the school principle found out about the conversation he suspended Mayer’s son for two days and filed a police report.
“What the school did was atrocious,” Mayer’s lawyer, James Murtha told the Hauppauge Patch . “He’s a good kid, who has been discriminated against severely by the school district.”
A few days later, Mayer received a call from the pistol licensing office informing him that his pistol license had been revoked and that police would visit his home to confiscate his weapons.
“I attempted to explain that this must be a mistake, no wrong doing occurred on my part. My son has no access to any of my guns. The officer that came to my residence saw that all my guns were secured. Pistol Licensing was not interested in my side of the story. They were only interested in what happened with my 10-year-old son in school,” said Mayer.
According to Mayer, he was harassed by police who also threatened to interrogate his 10-year-old son without Mayer’s permission.
Suffolk County Police and the Hauppauge Public School District have refused to comment on the matter besides releasing glib statements.
Mayer is now pressing charges against both Suffolk County Police and Hauppauge School District in federal court.
This is merely the latest of a long list of incidents involving hysterical reactions to so-called gun “threats” made by children in schools since the Sandy Hook elementary school massacre in December.
- In March, police rushed to Malden High School in Massachusetts after reports of a gun only to discover a neon-colored water pistol. 
- Last month a third grader in Michigan was reprimanded by school officials when he brought a cupcake to school adorned with a plastic toy soldier holding a gun .
- A ten year old Virginia boy who was arrested for taking a plastic toy gun to school is now facing a potentially permanent criminal record  over the incident.
- A student in Florence, Arizona was recently suspended because he had a picture of a gun  on his computer.
- A six-year-old kindergartner in South Carolina was suspended  for taking a small transparent plastic toy gun to school for a show and tell.
- A day before that incident we reported on the five-year-old in Massachusetts who faced suspension for building a small toy gun out of lego  bricks and play-shooting his classmates.
- We also reported  on an incident that erupted when a discussion between two children about a toy nerf gun caused a lock down and a massive armed police response at two elementary schools in the Bronx.
- In another incident, a Long Island high school was also placed on lock down for 6 hours  in response to a student carrying a toy nerf gun.
- In yet another recent incident, a five-year-old girl was suspended after a three hour grilling, and described as a “terroristic threat” when she brought a pink bubble gun to school .
- A South Philadelphia elementary student was searched in front of classmates and threatened with arrest after she mistakenly brought a “paper gun” to school .
- A 6-year-old boy was suspended  from his elementary school, also in Maryland, for making a gun gesture with his hand and saying “pow”.
- Days after that incident, another two 6-year-olds in Maryland were suspended  for pointing their fingers into gun shapes while playing “cops and robbers” with each other.
- In Oklahoma, a five-year-old boy was also recently suspended  for making a gun gesture with his hand.
- And finally, a 13-year-old Middle School seventh grade student in Pennsylvania was also suspended  for the same hand gesture.
Article printed from Prison Planet.com: http://www.prisonplanet.com
URL to article: http://www.prisonplanet.com/police-confiscate-mans-guns-over-sons-water-pistol-threat.html
URLs in this post:
 told the Hauppauge Patch: http://hauppauge.patch.com/articles/dads-pistol-license-pulled-after-son-makes-water-gun-threat-in-school
 neon-colored water pistol.: http://malden.patch.com/articles/malden-high-gun-scare-only-a-water-gun
 plastic toy soldier holding a gun: http://www.prisonplanet.com/cupcake-plastic-army-figures-declared-insensitive-by-school.html
 potentially permanent criminal record: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/mother-of-va-boy-who-was-arrested-over-toy-gun-criticizes-cases-handling/2013/02/17/02c0bf6e-7704-11e2-95e4-6148e45d7adb_story.html
 picture of a gun: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_central_southern_az/florence/florence-student-suspended-over-picture-of-gun
 was suspended: http://www.wltx.com/news/article/219116/2/6-Year-Old-Expelled-for-Bringing-Toy-Gun-to-School
 building a small toy gun out of lego: http://www.prisonplanet.com/five-year-old-faces-suspension-after-building-lego-gun.html
 reported: http://www.prisonplanet.com/discussion-about-toy-nerf-gun-causes-lockdown-at-bronx-elementary-schools.html
 placed on lock down for 6 hours: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2263542/Fake-Nerf-toy-gun-causes-hour-lock-Long-Island-high-school-panicked-911-callers-report-gunman.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
 brought a pink bubble gun to school: http://dailyitem.com/0100_news/x964877896/Bubbles-shooter-5-suspended
 mistakenly brought a “paper gun” to school: http://www.prisonplanet.com/elementary-school-girl-threatened-with-arrest-over-paper-gun.html
 was suspended: http://abcnews.go.com/US/maryland-grader-suspended-pointing-finger-shape-gun/story?id=18123294
 were suspended: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/1st-graders-booted-playing-cops-robbers-article-1.1241260
 recently suspended: http://chickashanews.com/local/x1303511299/Local-student-suspended-for-gun-gesture
 also suspended: http://www.wfmz.com/news/Regional-Poconos-Coal/Tamaqua-7th-grader-suspended-for-pointing-finger-gun-at-classmates/-/149546/17844114/-/f8djvnz/-/index.html
 Infowars.com: http://infowars.com/
 Prison Planet.com: http://prisonplanet.com/
 School Calls Cops Over Water Pistol; Vows To Track Down Owner Using Surveillance Cams: http://www.prisonplanet.com/school-calls-cops-over-water-pistol-vows-to-track-down-owner-using-surveillance-cams.html
 Cedar Lake man with 47 guns arrested after school threat: http://www.prisonplanet.com/cedar-lake-man-with-47-guns-arrested-after-school-threat.html
 Pizza Pistol Prompts Punishment for Public-school Pupil: http://www.prisonplanet.com/pizza-pistol-prompts-punishment-for-public-school-pupil.html
 Pastor Plans “Buyback” Program for Toy Guns: http://www.prisonplanet.com/pastor-plans-buyback-program-for-toy-guns.html
 St. Louis County Police Chief Wants to Arm School Officials With Guns: http://www.prisonplanet.com/st-louis-county-police-chief-wants-to-arm-school-officials-with-guns.html
Copyright © 2013 PrisonPlanet.com. All rights reserved.