- Prison Planet.com - http://www.prisonplanet.com -
Sacred herb turmeric may make at least 14 pharmaceutical drugs utterly obsolete
Posted By admin On August 15, 2013 @ 11:04 am In Sci Tech | Comments Disabled
Natural News 
August 15, 2013
You may have already heard about the many amazing healing properties of the spice turmeric, which is also sometimes referred to as curcumin. But did you know that literally thousands of published, peer-reviewed studies conducted and compiled over the years lend credence to the notion that turmeric works the same as, or even better than, at least 14 pharmaceutical drugs currently on the market?
It is true, and thanks to the diligent work of GreenMedInfo.com‘s Sayer Ji in compiling this valuable information, it is now available publicly for the benefit of your and your family’s health. Many of the most commonly prevalent chronic illnesses, it turns out, can be prevented, treated, and even cured using turmeric, so you will want to pay attention. Here are seven drugs and classes of drugs that science shows can be effectively replaced with turmeric:
1) Statin drugs for cholesterol. Popular cholesterol drugs like Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium) and Crestor (rosuvastatin) are completely unnecessary when taking standardized doses of curcuminoids extracted from turmeric, according to a 2008 study published in the journal Drugs in R & D. Researchers found that in patients with endothelial dysfunction, the underlying blood vessel pathology that leads to atherosclerosis, turmeric extract worked at least as good as the drugs at reducing inflammation and relieving oxidative stress in type 2 diabetics.
2) Corticosteroid drugs. Millions of people receive steroid injections every year to treat the inflammation associated with conditions like arthritis and even cancer. But a 1999 study published in the journal Phytotherapy Research found that turmeric’s primary antioxidant, curcumin , works just as well as steroid medications in the treatment of inflammatory eye disease. Several studies released in the years following found similar benefits for other inflammatory diseases commonly treated with steroids.
3) Antidepressants. Besides their copious side effects, antidepressant drugs like Prozac (fluoxetine) and Paxil (paroxetine) are extremely risky, as they can actually make depression symptoms worse for some people. But why even bother to use them when turmeric  has been shown to effectively reduce depressive behavior the same or even better than these dangerous drugs?
4) Blood thinners. People at high risk of heart attack or stroke, or who require blood-thinning drugs  to avoid these and other cardiovascular events, may simply be able to take turmeric instead. This suggestion is based on a 1986 study published in the journal Arzneimittelforschung, which found that curcumin has similar anti-platelet and prostacyclin modulating effects as aspirin, the blood-thinning drug  of choice for many conventional doctors.
5) Anti-inflammatory drugs. Aspirin is also commonly prescribed for other inflammatory conditions, as is ibuprofen, naproxen sodium, and a number of other pain pills. But these may be unnecessary as turmeric was shown in a 2004 study published in the journal Oncogene to exert similar anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative activity, particularly against cancer cells, as these drugs.
6) Chemotherapy drugs. The cancer industry would have us all believe that chemotherapy drugs are one of the few methods we have at our disposal to treat cancer. But a 2007 study published in the International Journal of Cancer found that curcumin works just as well as oxaliplatin (Eloxatin) at treating colorectal cancer.
7) Diabetes drugs. Not only is turmeric a viable contender in treating diabetes, a 2009 study published in the journal Biochemistry and Biophysical Research Community found that it works up to 100,000 times better than the popular diabetes drug Metformin at increasing glucose uptake. Turmeric also helps suppress glucose production in the liver at least as well as the most popular diabetes drugs on the market today.
Beyond this, turmeric is a powerful cancer-fighting herb as well, which Ji expounds upon further in his turmeric review. Be sure to check it out at:
Sources for this article include:
Article printed from Prison Planet.com: http://www.prisonplanet.com
URL to article: http://www.prisonplanet.com/sacred-herb-turmeric-may-make-at-least-14-pharmaceutical-drugs-utterly-obsolete.html
URLs in this post:
 Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/041642_turmeric_curcumin_drug_alternatives.html
 curcumin: http://www.naturalnews.com/curcumin.html
 turmeric: http://www.naturalnews.com/turmeric.html
 drugs: http://www.naturalnews.com/drugs.html
 drug: http://www.naturalnews.com/drug.html
 http://www.greenmedinfo.com: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/science-confirms-turmeric-effective-14-drugs
 http://www.naturalnews.com/040330_turmeric_heart_health_curcumin.html: http://www.naturalnews.com/040330_turmeric_heart_health_curcumin.html
 http://www.naturalnews.com/Infographic-Benefits-of-Turmeric.html: http://www.naturalnews.com/Infographic-Benefits-of-Turmeric.html
 Study: Turmeric more Effective than Prozac at Treating Depression: http://www.prisonplanet.com/study-turmeric-more-effective-than-prozac-at-treating-depression.html
 Exposed: Deadly Cancer Drugs Make Cancer Worse and Kill Patients More Quickly: http://www.prisonplanet.com/exposed-deadly-cancer-drugs-make-cancer-worse-and-kill-patients-more-quickly.html
 Pharmaceutical drugs causing spike in diseases they supposedly treat: http://www.prisonplanet.com/pharmaceutical-drugs-causing-spike-in-diseases-they-supposedly-treat.html
 Nearly 7 in 10 Americans Are On Prescription Drugs: http://www.prisonplanet.com/nearly-7-in-10-americans-are-on-prescription-drugs.html
 Mainstream Medical Pharmaceutical ‘Science’ Goes Against Nature: http://www.prisonplanet.com/mainstream-medical-pharmaceutical-%e2%80%98science%e2%80%99-goes-against-nature.html
Copyright © 2013 PrisonPlanet.com. All rights reserved.