The Hill 
June 8, 2013
The State Department said late Friday that it turned over 97 pages of documents to congressional investigators examining the administration’s response to the Sept. 11 terror attack in Benghazi.
Department spokesperson Jen Psaki said the production was in response to a subpoena from the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and related to the development of talking points prepared ahead of media appearances by members of Congress and U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice.
Rice, who was elevated to national security adviser by President Obama earlier this week, has come under heavy criticism for her suggestion in a series of television appearances that the violence had grown spontaneously out of protests over an anti-Islam video.
The White House later acknowledged that the incident was a planned terror attack and said Rice’s comments were based on early intelligence assessments. Republicans, though, questioned whether administration officials sought to downplay terrorism ahead of the November, 2012, elections.