George Washington’s Blog
Friday, September 26, 2008
Forget Republican versus Democratic. That’s a false dichotomy. I know that Republicans took the laboring oar on deregulation, which got us into this mess, but its the Democrats in Congress who are now trying to pass Paulson’s socialist taxpayer-funded bailout. Forget labels. Forget politics. Forget who should get credit for good ideas. Let’s look at substance and do what’s best for the country.
House Republicans are pushing a meaningful alternative to the Paulson bailout plan.
CNBC has the story:
In a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader John Boehner urged that the proposals be “given the consideration they deserve.”
The proposals include:
- Wall Street β Not Taxpayers β Should Fund the Recovery
- Private Capital β Not Tax Dollars β Should Be Injected Into Financial Markets
- Immediate Transparency, Oversight, and Market Reform
This is a chance to stop the taxpayer bailout and to make the scam artists who created the economic mess clean it up.
So call Congress and demand that they support:
(1) Wall Street – not taxpayer – funding of the recovery
(2) Private – not public – capital injected into the markets
(3) Immediate transparency, oversight and market reform, and
(4) Insist that they clean up the derivatives mess, also.
(Find contact info at Congress.org).
This article was posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 at 11:29 am