Armed Forces staffer sent text message warning acquaintance to stay away from shopping street
Paul Joseph Watson
Monday, December 13, 2010
The Swedish military had prior knowledge of the suicide blast which hit a busy shopping street in central Stockholm on Saturday, suggesting the attack was allowed to go ahead in order to bolster the flagging global war on terror.
“A Swedish Armed Forces (Försvarsmakten) employee warned an acquaintance to stay clear of an area in central Stockholm on Saturday where, several hours later, two explosions went off in what is being called a terrorist attack,” reports The Local, an English-language Swedish newspaper.
The TT news agency obtained a copy of a text message sent to the military staffer. “If you can, avoid Drottninggatan today. A lot can happen there…just so you know,” it read.
Armed Forces spokesperson Jonas Svensson initially said he was unaware of the message but would be checking into its origins. Swedish military sources later acknowledged the authenticity of the message and said they were “preparing how the issue will be dealt with”.
Intelligence analysis professor Wilhelm Agrell said that Swedish authorities may have known in advance of the suicide bombing, but military spokesperson Erik Lagersten denied any prior knowledge in a statement.
“The Swedish Armed Forces did not know ahead of time about the plans or the circumstances surrounding the events which have taken place. If that had been the case, (Swedish security service) Säpo, which is the responsible agency in these types of cases, would have been informed immediately,” he said.
(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)
Middle East-born Taimour Abdulwahab al-Abdaly has been blamed for the bombing. Al-Abdaly was killed as he tried to set off the car bomb and two others were injured. Repots say that he was also wearing a bomb belt, though the cause of a second explosion 300 meters away from the car are murky given the fact that Al-Abdaly died in the initial blast.
Al-Abdaly’s motivation for the attack has already been identified as his grievance against occupying troops in Afghanistan, making the story readily exploitable for propaganda to bolster the global war on terror.
The attack is very similar in nature to that attempted by so-called “Times Square bomber” Faisal Shahzad, who was a member of the CIA-controlled Jaish-e-Muhammad terrorist organization. Shahzad was directed by Al-Qaeda terror mastermind Anwar Al-Awlaki, the man who helped plot the aborted Christmas Day bombing, the Fort Hood shooting, and who also preached to the alleged September 11 hijackers.
As we have documented, Al-Awlaki is the CIA’s foremost patsy handler, having dined at the Pentagon just months after 9/11.
Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a fill-in host for The Alex Jones Show. Watson has been interviewed by many publications and radio shows, including Vanity Fair and Coast to Coast AM, America’s most listened to late night talk show.
This article was posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 at 6:51 am