UK Daily Mail 
March 24, 2011
- – Men stood in irradiated water which seeped through protective gear
- – Tokyo convenience stores all but run out of bottled water
- – Families with babies get three half-litre bottles of water a day for each infant
- – City officials appeal for calm
- – Death toll rises to 9,700 while missing number 16,500
Three of the Fukushima Fifty have been rushed to hospital with radiation poisoning as they battle to save Japan’s crippled power plant from nuclear meltdown.
Fumio Matsuda, a spokesman for the nuclear safety agency, said the three workers, two in their 20s and one in his 30s, came face to face with the danger they had all feared when contaminated water came into contact with their skin at the Fukushima Dai-chi plant.
Officials said they were standing in irradiated water in the No.3 reactor when it somehow seeped through their protective gear, causing them to be contaminated with a level of radiation almost twice as high as the accepted ‘safe’ limit.