Federal agency caught in yet another act of deception after first claiming shirtless 5-year-old had set off metal detector
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com 
Monday, December 20, 2010
The TSA has been caught in yet another act of public deception after the agency was forced to admit that it lied when it initially claimed a 5-year-old boy was strip-searched at Salt Lake City International Airport last month because he had set off a metal detector.
The video of a disgruntled father removing his young son’s shirt so TSA agents could pat down the boy arrived at the height of the outrage against Big Sis last month and prompted widespread condemnation of ludicrous airport security measures. One of the media personalities who spearheaded the TSA revolt, Matt Drudge, ran the story at the top of his website for nearly two days.
The TSA tried to placate the fury many Americans felt when watching the clip by claiming that the boy had set off a metal detector and therefore had to be subjected to advanced screening. Even after the boy’s shirt was removed, he was still subjected to a pat down around his genital area.
However, Utah Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz, who will soon take charge of the House subcommittee overseeing the TSA, forced the agency to back down and concede that the TSA’s original statement was a total fabrication.
“I said, ‘You guys knew that at the beginning. You lied at the beginning,’” Chaffetz told the Salt Lake Tribune .
“New information was brought to light that indicated the initial report was incorrect,” the TSA said, admitting that the boy was patted down not because he set off a metal detector but due to “bulky clothing”.
However, the video clearly shows that the only item of clothing the boy is wearing is a pullover sweatshirt – he is not wearing a bulky coat or anything of that nature. So in effect, the TSA has attempted to cover up a lie with yet another lie, in its farcical efforts to justify groping naked 5-year-old boys in the name of security.
(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)
As we have documented, the TSA has proven itself to be completely untrustworthy and deceitful, having lied about almost every issue related to airport security since the very outset.
– Immediately after naked body scanners were introduced, TSA lied in claiming that scanner images did not show intricate details of genitalia, a claim disproved by images taken from the TSA’s own website which clearly show the size and detail of a man’s penis, as well as several incidents where airport security workers have abused the scanners to ogle naked pictures  of their colleagues and go on to describe details of their genitalia.
– Janet Napolitano herself brazenly lied  when she claimed that Johns Hopkins University had studied naked body scanners and declared them to be completely safe. In reality, Dr Michael Love, who runs an X-ray lab at the department of biophysics and biophysical chemistry at the Johns Hopkins school of medicine stated, “statistically someone is going to get skin cancer from these X-rays,” adding, “…we have a situation at the airports where people are so eager to fly that they will risk their lives in this manner.”
– TSA has consistently lied in claiming that naked body scanner images cannot be stored, a claim disproved by a Homeland Security letter which specifically states  that the machines “have the capability to retain and export images”.
– TSA continues to lie about the fact that it temporarily curtailed security measures as a political ploy  to deflate the national opt out day protest, despite verified reports from all over the country confirming that body scanner machines were roped off and aggressive pat downs were dispensed with.
– TSA has been caught in numerous other lies, all of which are documented here .
Given the plethora of examples of TSA deceit, and the agency’s ceaseless habit of lying to cover up its own malfeasance, state and local authorities across the country need to unite and follow New Jersey’s example by kicking the bums out for good , eliminating the TSA not only from airports, but as a federal agency altogether.
Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Prison Planet.com . He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a fill-in host for The Alex Jones Show. Watson has been interviewed by many publications and radio shows, including Vanity Fair and Coast to Coast AM, America’s most listened to late night talk show.