March 23, 2011
At least four Afghan civilians, including a child, have been killed in US-led military operations in southeastern Afghanistan, police say.
The US-led helicopters bombarded the Khost district in Khost province, leaving four dead and two others wounded, a senior police official told a Press TV correspondent on Wednesday.
The identities of those killed are not yet known, the official said.
The US-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) has confirmed the attack but did not release further details.
Local sources say all those killed were civilians and that there was a child among them.
The incident occurred nearly one month after the death of nine children in northeast of the country during the US-led air strikes.
Thousands of Afghan people have so far been killed as a result of military operations by the foreign troops since the 2001 US-led invasion.
This article was posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 5:07 am