April 10, 2016
The terror cell which carried out the Brussels bombings last month had been planning to launch a new attack on Paris, the Belgian prosecutor has said.
Those who launched the 22 March attacks which killed 32 people decided to rush their plans and target Brussels instead, prosecutors claimed.
The terror cell was “surprised by the speed of the progress in the ongoing investigation”, the office said.
Investigators have said there are close links between the perpetrators and the Isis terror cell which killed 130 people in Paris on 13 November.
This article was posted: Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 7:51 am