March 3, 2017
After keeping it hidden for years, California’s Department of Public Health has released a draft document outlining health officials’ concerns about cellphone radiation exposure.
The previously unpublished document was released this week after a judge indicated she would order the documents be disclosed in the case Moskowitz v. CDPH.
Joel Moskowitz, Ph.D., who is the director of the Center for Family and Community Health at UC Berkeley’s School of Public Health, sued the state in 2016 under the California Public Records Act to get the document released.
The document is dated April 2014, but Moskowitz says the document was originally prepared seven years ago and updated several times, but never released to the public.
He previously told KPIX 5 why he decided to sue the state.
“I would like this document to see the light of day because it will inform the public that there is concern within the California Department of Public Health that cellphone radiation is a risk, and it will provide them with some information about how to reduce those risks,” Moskowitz.
This article was posted: Friday, March 3, 2017 at 10:37 am