BBC News 
Friday, May 8, 2009
Nearly 300 guests and staff at a hotel in Hong Kong have been released after being held in quarantine for a week due to a feared outbreak of swine flu.
All were given health checks before leaving the Metropark Hotel. They were isolated after a Mexican traveller carrying the virus stayed in the hotel.
Meanwhile, Mexico raised its flu death toll to 45, but the health minister said the virus was on the wane.
The number of confirmed infections in the US has nearly doubled to 1,639.
(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)
Two people have died in the US.
- A d v e r t i s e m e n t
A spokesman for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dave Daigle, said the cases had been registered in 43 states, according to the AFP news agency.
He said he expected to find confirmed cases in all 50 US states because there were now more testing facilities in America. But he stressed that the epidemic was not speeding up.
Full story here.