June 12, 2012
Iran’s top nuclear negotiator on Tuesday confirmed an agreement had been struck with the EU official representing world powers negotiating with Tehran on the content of upcoming talks in Moscow.
Saeed Jalili, the secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, and EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton had a telephone conversation late on Monday, Jalili’s office said in a statement reported by Iranian state media.
According to the statement, the talks in Moscow on June 18 and 19 will focus on points made by Iran and by the P5+1 group (the United States, Britain, France, Russia, China plus Germany) in a previous round in Baghdad late May.
Jalili told Ashton he “will explicitly talk about Iran’s five-point proposals” in Moscow and that “an appropriate response by the P5+1 to the (Iranian) proposals can help advance the talks.”