March 18, 2016
Pyongyang’s multiple-missile launch on Friday is another provocative move by North Korea, Russian Ambassador to China Andrei Denisov told Sputnik.
BEIJING (Sputnik) — Earlier in the day, Pyongyang launched two ballistic missiles from the western area of Sukchon in the direction of the Sea of Japan. The launch was confirmed by South Korean and US officials.
“The events of recent days and even hours, to our general disappointment, mean that North Korea’s leadership has learned nothing to date and has not heeded the voice of reason yet, having taken another step that cannot be called anything but provocative,” Denisov said.
The ambassador added that the launch has once again worsened the situation on the Korean Peninsula.
“At this stage, strict compliance with the provisions of the recently adopted [UN] Security Council resolution, which imposes fairly strict measures on the North Korean side, is required. Of course, its implementation requires solidarity, coordinated action from all those who adopted this resolution,” the Russian official stated.
Pyongyang’s January hydrogen bomb test, as well as the launch, a month later, of a long-range rocket to allegedly place a satellite into orbit, in defiance of UN Security Council (UNSC) resolutions, led to the introduction of more sanctions against North Korea by the UNSC and the United States.
This article was posted: Friday, March 18, 2016 at 6:35 am