May 29, 2013
A man with a three-litre-a-day cola habit drank himself to death, an inquest heard yesterday.
Paul Inman, 30, of Haworth, West Yorkshire, would go out to buy the fizzy drink up to three times a day – and would also down glasses of water to quench his apparent thirst.
But the huge quantities of cola and other drinks caused his lungs to swell to four times the normal weight and the Asperger Syndrome sufferer died in his sleep, the Bradford hearing was told.
Mr Inman lived in a flat at Three Sisters Care Home in Haworth, where he was found dead in his bedroom by care worker Becky Earwaker, who was checking on him one morning in March 2012.
This article was posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 11:03 am