Featured Stories World News Commentary Money Watch Multimedia Prison Planet U.S. News Science And Technology

Russia Forgives $11 Billion In North Korean Debt

  • Print The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store

Joshua Berlinger
Business Insider
September 18, 2012

Russia has signed a compact with North Korea that will write off 90 percent of the debt the DPRK has accrued since the Cold War, and will reinvest the remaining 10 percent back in the reclusive Asian country.

The total debt forgiven is approximately $11 billion.

Negotiations have been ongoing throughout the last four years, but have not yielded any result until now, according to the Russian news outlet RIA Novosti.

Analysts expect that the deal will help spur new energy projects, infrastructure investment, and the development of new railroads and power lines in the worlds poorest country.

The deal could also help pave the way for a new gas pipeline, that could possibly run through North Korea and help supply the Asian market.

Full story here.

This article was posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 6:48 am

Infowars.com Videos:

Comment on this article

Comments are closed.

Watch the News

Raheem Kassam: Sh*thole London See the rest on the Alex Jones YouTube channel.

Germans Being Mass Brainwashed by TV to Submit to Islam See the rest on the Alex Jones YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bcPVfa76Qig https://www.youtube.com/embed/kYmTFL9nbRQ

© 2018 PrisonPlanet.com is a Free Speech Systems, LLC company. All rights reserved. Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice.