October 6, 2017
ISIS is still saying it carried out the Las Vegas massacre after making a new claim that gunman Stephen Paddock converted to Islam six months ago.
There is no evidence that the terror group was in any way connected to the country music festival atrocity that claimed the lives of 58 people over the weekend and the FBI has explicitly denied there was a link.
But fanatics have again tried to claim that 64-year-old Paddock was a ‘soldier of the Caliphate’ and referred to him by the nom de guerre Abu Abdul Barr al-Amriki, meaning ‘The American’.
Shortly after the slaughter, ISIS’s ‘news agency’ linked the incident to their organisation insisting the attack had been retaliation for the U.S.-led coalition’s fight against ISIS in the Middle East.
But not long after the initial statement by ISIS, the FBI said that the bureau had ‘determined to this point no connection to an international terrorist group.
‘As this investigation continues, we will continue to work with our partner to ensure that this is factually, thoroughly and absolutely investigated, to be able to bring comfort and peace back to this community,’ FBI Special Agent Aaron Rouse said in a statement.
ISIS has now released an infographic about the mass killing taking up the second page of their 16-page weekly newsletter – but without producing any evidence to back up its claims.
A translation of the document by SITE, which monitors terror activity, indicates that it was titled ‘The Las Vegas Invasion.’
This article was posted: Friday, October 6, 2017 at 7:42 am