July 11, 2018
Ahead of President Donald Trump’s high-profile visit to the U.K., the American government’s representatives in the country are warning U.S. citizens to lay low during what is planned to be three days of large-scale protests.
Several demonstrations are scheduled across the U.K. from July 12 to 14 to voice widespread opposition to Trump and his policies. They’re expected to be attended by thousands and will mandate a large police presence and several road closures. Though mostly concentrated in central London, some protests will take place in the Scottish cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow, among others.
The U.S. embassy in London listed on its website  a number of actions to take this week, including keeping “a low profile.” Here are all the safety suggestions:
• Be aware of your surroundings.
• Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings that may become violent.
• Keep a low profile.
• Monitor local media for updates.
- A d v e r t i s e m e n t
• View updates from U.K. police at met.police.uk  and follow @MetPoliceEvents and @MetPoliceUK for guidance.
Read more