Federal agency is still conducting hand searches of young children despite claiming they were eliminated last year
Paul Joseph Watson
Monday, July 11, 2011
TSA head John Pistole has been caught brazenly lying to the American people yet again, after the TSA openly violated its own policy on child pat downs in the case of a six-year-old boy traveling to Disneyland who became upset after being hand-searched by TSA screeners.
The TSA first announced that it had “eliminated pat downs for children under 12” in November last year.
“We’ve heard the concerns that have been expressed and agree that children under 12 should not receive that pat-down,” Pistole said on NBC’s “Today Show” almost eight months ago.
Despite this supposed change in policy, the TSA continued to flagrantly violate its own rules and conduct pat downs of young children, including Anna Drexel, of Bowling Green, Ky., who was subjected to a full grope down by a TSA agent in early April. The TSA also defended the actions of two of it’s agents who were photographed conducting a full body pat down on an eight-month old baby at Kansas City International Airport in May, saying they were adhering to procedure.
Having already announced and then violated its own policy change on numerous occasions, the TSA then repeated the same ploy at the height of the pat down controversy in Texas, in an effort to derail momentum that was building behind a bill that would have outlawed invasive screening methods conducted throughout the state.
During a June 22 Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, Pistole told lawmakers, “We have changed the policy to say that there’ll be repeated efforts made to resolve that without a pat-down,” adding that the policy would apply to under-12’s.
However, within 24 hours this rule change was already being violated, after a six-year-old boy was hand-searched twice at Washington SeaTac airport. The boy was en-route to Disneyland with his family when he was pulled out of line for a pat down, with TSA agents justifying the search due to their concerns about his handheld video console, which had already passed through x-ray screening.
“They just treated him like he’s a terrorist- he’s a six year old boy,’ his father Alex Long told King5 News.
Immediately after the pat down, the boy started crying and told his mother Jenine Michaelis that he didn’t want to go to Disneyland anymore. Michaelis was unsure how to react given that they had taught the child to be wary of strangers touching his body.
“We all talk to our kids about improper touching – somebody shouldn’t touch you unless you want to be touched,” Michaelis said.
“We didn’t have any time to talk to him about what they were really doing.”
TSA chief John Pistole has now publicly lied to the American people on two separate occasions just on this issue alone. The second instance occurred in front of elected Senators.
At the very least he should be immediately stripped of his job, but Pistole should also face felony charges for lying to lawmakers.
Major League Baseball player Roger Clemens is currently on trial for perjury, false statements and obstruction of Congress after he lied to lawmakers about using steroids. Clemens lied about using drugs, whereas Pistole, who should be held to a higher standard, lied about a federal policy that affects all Americans.
Pistole has clearly deceived the American people on at least two manifestly provable occasions. After telling lawmakers twice that child pat downs had been eliminated, the TSA is still carrying on the practice. Like Clemens, Pistole should be facing charges of perjury, false statements and obstruction of Congress.
Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a regular fill-in host for The Alex Jones Show.
This article was posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 at 4:38 am