The platform has told the Post that access will not be restored until all Hunter Biden coverage is completely deleted
October 19, 2020
The New York Post’s Twitter account has been locked since last Wednesday, and Twitter is refusing to restore access until the newspaper deletes all posts pertaining to its Hunter Biden coverage.
The Post has been unable to use the social network since last week.
“Anyone who looks at The Post’s Twitter feed can’t even see the tweets about the Biden stories, which have been replaced by messages saying, ‘This Tweet is no longer available,’” the Fox Business report notes.
“Twitter confirmed to FOX Business that the Post ‘has been informed what is necessary to unlock their account,’” including “six tweets about its reporting on 2020 Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden,” the report adds.
The company also initially blocked other users from posting anything about the scandal, but appeared to do a 180 on the policy after backlash.
The NY Post says that Twitter told them that “While we’ve updated the policy, we don’t change enforcement retroactively. You will still need to delete the Tweets to regain access to your account.”
The newspaper claims that Twitter has not given them any indication of how their reporting violates Twitter’s terms of service, nor has it provided information on how to resolve the issue.
“Twitter hasn’t responded to an inquiry from The Post asking how it determined that the stories in question were allegedly based on ‘hacked materials,’” the Post reported.
This article was posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 at 6:30 am